L'Osteria dell'oca oggi The Osteria dell'Oca was established in 1998 with the aim of reviving what, for centuries, used to be the meeting place for citizens and occasional travelers. In fact, this meeting point was located in the little square of the historic center of Aosta since the sixteenth century.

Osteria dell'oca Osteria dell'oca. This ancient courtyard, overlooking one of the most important pedestrian streets of Aosta (as well as the decumanus maximus of Augusta Praetoria), had many accommodation facilities signs placed at the entrances of the two access lanes, at no. 15 in Via Edouard Aubert.

La storia dell'Osteria dell'oca - Stalla e fienile The history behind the Osteria dell'Oca - It was initially a stable and barn, dating back to 1558, and its sign stated the Ecu de France, an inn and post station with a stable and barn for horses. It then became, in 1855, as the sign stated, the Hostellerie du Cheval Blanc, an inn with greater attention to catering that eventually became a true meeting point for the community of Aosta. And finally, it was named simply the Ristorante Cavallo Bianco (the White Horse Restaurant), which also offered a few rooms for accommodation.

La storia dell'Osteria dell'oca - Ristorante Cavallo Bianco The story behind the Osteria dell'Oca – Between the 70s and the 80s the Ristorante Cavallo Bianco, now no longer an inn, was managed by the famous Vai brothers. The Ristorante Cavallo Bianco, which was now solely a restaurant, managed to obtain two Michelin Guide stars. The Vai brothers management however ended by the late 80s. In 1990, the properties of the complex were acquired by the Soc. Lagnier & C. company. The company undertook a thorough renovation of the building, which was completed in 1997; it changed the old hotel into commercial and residential units. In memory of the legendary and famous Ristorante Cavallo Bianco, the court was called "Piazzetta Cavallo Bianco".

Osteria dell'oca